Friday, March 14, 2014

Alone The Way
Jia Jia
Her solo debut was Unforgettable (2013), and Taiwanese singer Jia Jia’s follow-up to that is very much so as well.
Her voice is a healing balm with which she tenderly comforts on lead single Sing For Lonely Souls: “I’m not the one you love/But I’m still willing to sing for your loneliness”.
You feel the ache on the ballad Unqualified, as strings swell and she acknowledges a painful truth: “I’m not qualified to let you ache for me/Keeping you by my side, yet not able to give you any happiness”.
The bluesy Unfree is a heartfelt and soulful cry for freedom, penned by Hao En.
The two had previously collaborated on the Golden Melody Award-winning Blue In Love (2006).
Jia Jia also has no problems tackling faster tempos.
Unanswerable swings lightly to a jazz groove, while Chocolate oozes sassiness and sultriness as she sings: “I want you, want you to fall into the trap/Quietly sidle close, grooving to the same frequency”.
She wants to sing for you along the whole way and not just when you are lonely.
(ST)