Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Wish You Well
Rene Liu
“I think I’ll always be lonely, all my life, this lonely,” Taiwanese singer-actress Rene Liu once sang in the mournful ballad A Lifetime Of Loneliness.
She is now alone no more. She got married in 2011 and gave birth to a son in January this year.
While she still thinks about loneliness here, the circumstances have changed.
On the mid-tempo number I Dare To Be Lonely In Your Embrace, she sings: “Always comparing the benefits of being alone, of being together/Can’t remember how I used to share life’s joys and sorrows with myself.”
Liu is not a showy performer but there is an honesty and earnestness to her singing that has won her fans since her debut album in 1995.
Having found happiness, she wants everyone to be happy as well. Zhou Xun, Guey Lun-mei and Tang Wei join her in the title track, which is probably one of the most glamorous paeans to friendship ever.
(ST)