Friday, April 19, 2013


365
JPM
The boys of JPM seem to be in the mood for love, judging by this follow-up to their debut album, Moonwalk (2011).
But that does not mean the Taiwanese trio – LilJay, Prince and Modi – are pensive.
Opener 365 Days is a catchy dance track that is more about moving the feet than the heart: “Why is the love I have for you so strong, miss you every day/Every day every night.”
She Wanna Go, meanwhile, is a breezy slice of rock-tinged pop that sees the boys hanging tough: “I’m already so grown-up, I can withstand this hurt/If you wanna go, just go.”
Also of interest is Internet, a look at romance in this brave new digital world, featuring singer Kimberley Chen: “Although we haven’t met/And you haven’t replied to my messages/Waiting for you to say hey, even a ‘like’ from you is OK.”
The boys flounder on the slow sappy numbers, though, such as I Don’t Miss You That Much.
Such tracks could have been dropped from the record and I would not have missed them at all.
(ST)